Friday, April 21, 2006

How Much Candy Can You Eat?


We had a grand Easter with numerous celebrations. Lydia colored eggs with Aunt/Grandma Marguerite and Little Tony. That was 1 1/2 dozen. Ryan colored eggs with the Thomas (my friend Joanna's family) clan. Another dozen. Then Lydia, who was sick that evening, colored a dozen on her own. We had 3 1/2 dozen. A nice amount of eggs. Now, this is nothing like the Ruemke crew used to color. We had a minimum of 10 dozen eggs, it seems. You might think that I am exaggerating, but let me tell you that some years there were even more. Imagine hiding that many eggs. Imagine eating that many eggs. And we did.




Easter started with basket finding and candy.Then we went to breakfast at Marietta's Mexican Restaurant with the Huebner Family. The kids got treats and candy from Linda and the beautiful new baby Sidney who was already giving gifts. It was very nice and we all went to Ted and Jeanie's house afterward for an egg hunt. Lots of eggs and candy. Then back to our house for another egg hunt and linner dunch with Cousin Karen and friend Jeremy. Now, all this time, Ryan has been enjoying his candy. Everywhere he turned, it was within his reach. Everytime I turned around, he had a mouthful from somewhere. I kept waiting for him to get ill, but he must have a high threshold. Lydia also had a fair share, but she generally asked first, so I had an idea of how much went in. Ryan...no clue...but I can say, more than one person should eat in a day or probably a week.

When Ryan would find an egg, he would THROW it in his basket and then also accidentally dumped his eggs many times, so they were shattered and soft shell. It was quite the gross basket of eggs.

We had a wonderful time and enjoyed our time with family and friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading about Ryan and the candy brings back memories from when I was a kid. Wasn't that the best part, candy for breakfast!!!

I was putting Morgan to bed the night before Easter and mentioned something about the Easter Bunny. She said, in an exasperated tone, "Mom, your'e the Easter Bunny". I was taken by surprise, but tried not to show it. She and I had a long talk about Santa Clause, what is real, what we would like to be real, etc. Then one week later, she is talking about the tooth fairy. So I casually mention, "So what is with that tooth fairy, forgetting your teeth like that". She didn't even blink. I guess she still believes in the tooth fairy - go figure!

Renee

Anonymous said...

PS from Renee
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Your kids are beautiful.

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

That is so funny! I guess fairies seem more real than bunnies delivering eggs and candy? Those big ridiculous bunnies for lap sitting and picture opportunities in the malls don't help matters! And wow, Morgan is getting old, losing teeth already.