Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Homage to Home in MS



As many of you know, my parents home was destroyed in hurricane Katrina. The last big gathering that we had there as a family was for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. My Mom and Dad had spent years remodeling the kitchen, redoing floors, etc, and they were just about done by then. I'm just posting some photos from that last fun gathering. We tried to make it a surprise, but they found out. I then just proceeded to pretend they didn't know, and they didn't talk about it. It was that kind of surprise. It was a wonderful time. Joel's niece Karen created a picture collage for them that made it through the hurricane, and we had old reel to reel films put on DVD that also made it through. I'm sure that their new remodeled home will be just as beautiful as the last!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sad, but with the daily activities of life, I forget about people, like your parents, who are having to rebuild their lives. It also seems that other matters have taken over in the media and in the government as well. Thanks for reminding me. Renee