Monday, April 10, 2006

Acting Schmacting


Joel and I worked together on Veronica Mars today! They called to ask us to work when we were with Marguerite and Tony (Marguerite is my Mom's sister), and they kindly said that they would take our two wild children for the day. They say that they are not a problem, but I know that it is not always true. Ryan's favorite word is still "No". I was excited, because, as Joel pointed out to me, I might get through a day without watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang which is Ryan's favorite movie and all he wants to watch. We don't always watch the whole thing, but usually selections daily.


Marguerite spent the night, and we got up at 4:30 to leave by 5:15. Because I was going with Joel, we left on time and got to Montgomery Air Field. We ended up eating oatmeal for breakfast and watching Steve Guttenburg get arrested with Enrico (Veronica's Dad) somehow involved. I might add that Steve always plays an Everyman sort of character, but he arrived looking very metro and polished. Please note that the word metro has replaced what I used to call maybe "euro", and please inform me if I have used this incorrectly. He also said that, "It's a good day to die today", but he didn't die while we were there. I hope I haven't spoiled your Veronica Mars viewing.

Then we all drove to Cuyamaca State Park, where I believe my brothers and sister Linda camped as children. There I was given a microphone that they attached to some other guys camera and we were one. Joel just got a boring badge. My cameraman and I also had a news van. When rehearsing, they just gave us vague directions and the cameraman and I had a nice scene all worked out, but I guess we positioned ourselves directly behind Steve and Enrico talking, because they stopped to move us. Alas, moved from our key star positions. We are still there, though, as well as Joel detecting. It was lots of fun, and especially nice with Joel because he is an old pro and I appreciated his assistance in telling me who was who and what was going on. He also gave me his jacket. It was cold. I might also add that I wore shoes and a suit type coat/blazer from 1995. I must get a new reporter wardrobe. Tony and Marguerite still seemed happy when we got home and the kids had a fun time, so all in all a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must start watching Veronica Mars now that I know some of the "stars". I hate to admit it, but I am addicted to "America's Next Top Model", which comes on right before.

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

Yea! My first comments! Thank you Renee. Veronica Mars can be fun and all filmed here in San Diego County. Our episode is the season finale, but we are also both on another one where Joel is a campaign worker and I am in a video filmed watching a boy's soccer game 4/25.