Monday, June 09, 2008

Kids

Following is a picture from the 1st Grade trip to Sea World. Kids are funny. Most were more interested in the photo booths and machine that flattens your penny than the amazing animals. "Yeah, yeah, I saw the killer whale." They did enjoy the bat rays and sea stars that you could touch.



When I asked Ryan to stop whining this morning, he said, "But mom, this is how kids talk when they are crying." Yup, it is. No more crying allowed.


It is the end of the school year and things are crazy at work and with numerous end of the year activities for the kids. I might break down. I keep telling myself that there is only one more week. I repeat, one more week.

Here is a photo of Lydia and her friend Nicole opening up the school's talent show with "Right Here in Your Arms" from Barbie as Island Princess. It was very sweet. They sang a capella and were right on.


We had a lovely visit with Aunt Martha and Uncle Phil this weekend. They are now traveling cross country back to VA. I would love to do the trip...without kids. I remember those trips when I was a kid. Painful. I suppose if you are not traveling with my 2 minute pit stop if you have to throw up do it now Dad, it could be better! I am considering driving to MN this summer, though. Weighing the cost of gas, hotels, kids trapped in the car and absurd airfare.

Phil and kids in disguise. That moustache was on the back of Ryan's pajamas when he woke up the next morning. I was sure it was a horrible bug.




All I have time for now. More when we are out of school. YEA! Out of school!

3 comments:

Jim Lawson said...

It was always great to get out of school as kids but I bet it's fantastic for teachers!

Krissy Doyle said...

Your Dad sounds like my Dad during a road trip! Those were some long days!

Antonio said...

"But mom, this is how kids talk when they are crying." That is funny! Man, he has the best quotes.