Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gypsy

Joel and I went to Phoenix Entertainment's production of Gypsy on Saturday night in lovely Escondido, CA. It was a lot of fun! I've always loved Gypsy because it was one of the first shows I was in. I played Baby Louise, and then, when I was a Junior in High School, I played Dainty June with the Mclean Community Theater. I started singing "You Gotta Have a Gimmick" at age 6, and have been perfecting it since. I think I learned to play trumpet in the 6th grade to fulfill my dream of being Mazeppa. Anyway, back to the production at hand...It was great. We had excellent seats, the show was well cast and performed, sets and costumes were good, and it made for a wonderful evening out. I have to say, the strippers are still my favorite. Also, Jeffery, who played multiple roles well, did a turn as a Newsboy believably. Who knew he could still play 18? Dancing and choreography were well done. I give it two thumbs up. Thank you to Mark and Jeffery for the evening of entertainment!

1 comment:

The Follow Spot said...

Jill - you must email me so I can get your honest in depth thoughts about the production - glad you got to see it - Jeffrey said he felt bad that he didnt get to spend time with you - he doesnt check his email that much at all and he is bad at planning and clearly needs to get it together