Monday, May 08, 2006

Ben's Birthday


Well, Ben's birthday was in April, and celebrated in April, but somehow I haven't posted much! Lydia, Ryan and I seem to keep very busy, although we don't accomplish much. An example would be the hour it took us to make freshly squeezed orange juice yesterday. I was so tired afterward, I needed a break. There were oranges and juice everywhere. Lydia then wanted to make banana bread out of our rotten bananas, lemonade, and basically continue our kitchen escapades. Ryan wants to be in the middle of it all and threw a grapefruit into our juice creating quite the splash and mess. I try to remain calm, but sometimes I lose it, like I did with the grapefruit. You work so hard for every drop of juice, and then it is all over the counter, but we kept going.

Ben's birthday was a lot of fun. I still haven't bought candles so we used the all purpose Aunt Judy candle again. Thank goodness Marguerite made the delicious cake and also a fresh strawberry pie. Karen very kindly fought the traffic up on a weeknight to make the party. Ben is doing well at UCLA and working at the dealership Ron was previously managing. Note the adorable toddler(and Bryan, too!), and the good looking young man he has become. Ryan fall asleep in his spaghetti every time we have it, so he didn't make it to the cake. It is very funny to watch him eat and sway and finally collapse on the table.





On a side note, Joel had a day with Michael Douglas on the new movie King of California. They played golf and Michael tried out his clubs.

No comments: