Monday, December 31, 2007

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

This is our omen for good luck for the New Year. A heron friend came to visit. He was looking for fish in our big pond, but satisfied himself with a few geckos instead before moving on.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful one here with my Mom and Dad visiting and lots of cousins here, too. It was just fun. This week, we have been hanging out at home and quiet. I began a Tom Clancey book, Executive Orders, at the end of summer. I am generally a fast reader and love reading, but this book was not really capturing me. I am also a bit persistent, and would not give up on reading it, even though I was not enjoying it. By the beginning of this vacation, I was only half way through. Finally, I decided to read something else...although Tom's snore still sits on my nightstand. I read Janet Evanovich's Lean Mean Thirteen. I love those Stephanie Plum books. They are quick, fun reads that make me laugh out loud. Then I read a T. Jefferson Parker mystery. Now I am reading The Other Boleyn Girl. That is great, too. Who knows if I will every go back to Tom. Will I be able to remove it from the nightstand without finishing? I just don't know.

We will be playing games this New Year's Eve after going out for dinner. Lydia made an African mask to scare away the evil spirits for next year. We will celebrate the New Year on east coast time (9:00pm here). That way my Dad will make it to bring in the New Year!

Following are a few Christmas pictures. Lydia was worried that the adults hadn't been very good this year because we didn't have much in our stockings. The kids were cute as could be and lots of fun. It was a wonderful and blessed day. Ryan is Superman Power Ranger in the picture, if you are wondering!

Cookies and milk for Santa!


Big brother Ron and Dad.

Nephew Ronny and Mom.

Happy New Year to All!!

2 comments:

Antonio said...

Happy New Year Jill!

Jim Lawson said...

It should be illegal to have children so adorable. Happy New Year!