Sunday, July 15, 2007

Summer Days


We have just returned from our glorious yearly family reunion at Gull Lake, MN. But before I post about that, I must update you on other summer events. We began our summer with Ben Ruemke graduating from UCLA. You heard that right. We were all so proud. This is us looking proud.














I learned that UCLA is the most applied to school in the nation. Ben majored in history as did the graduation speakers, UCLA graduates Kareem Abdul Jabar and LA Mayor Villaragosa. I am not so sure of the spellings of the names, but isn't it enough that I am posting? I've got no time to research name spellings and my spellcheck doesn't do it for me. While I apologize for mispellings, I will also say that I like to start sentences with "But" and end them in prepositions without an object. Please note that I recognize problems in my writing, but I just trudge along.

Back to the graduation...Ben lived in Inglewood while at UCLA and decided that he didn't love living in LA. He is now thinking of going to law school and is looking at interning in DC next year, possibly at the DC public defender's office. That sounds a lot like living in Inglewood to me. Will it be the law offices of Ruemke & Ruemke? We shall see. Oh how time flies. It seems like just yesterday that Ben was Tiny Tim with his "crunch" (AKA crutch) in Christmas Carol or pivoting on the "A" tables at the West End during Oliver. Some things never change, though, Ben is still always ready with a smile and a big hug. Congratulations, Ben!

4 comments:

Antonio said...

Little Ben graduating from college?! I remember those days of him performing at the ol' WEDT.

Congrats Ben!

ted said...

Yeah Ben! You may be getting closer to actually earning some money! Just kidding, the boy can sell cars with the best of them!

The Follow Spot said...

who is the foxy chick next to him in the last picture?

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

That is Ben's friend: the lovely Corrin. She is off to Oxford this Fall for a Master's Program studying primates. So, she is awfully smart and fun as well as being foxy.