Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Voting

I have become a Democrat. It used to be that I thought I had no real party affiliation, and would vote for the "person" not the party, but I have to now admit that I am a Democrat. I do support Arnold, our illustrious Governor, but otherwise can vote right down the party line. I also find myself calling certain politicians names and getting angry over elections. I never thought that I would feel so strongly and get so upset, but here I am.

Here in CA, we have a bundle of Propositions every election. This election, we voted for 34 offices and 17 Propositions. The Propositions require quite a bit of homework as they can be wordy and confusing. I have to go in with my filled out sample ballot if I don't want to be voting for 30 minutes while I try to remember which way I was going to vote. I don't remember it being like this in VA which was the only other state I voted in.

No comments: