Monday, September 18, 2006

Well, Well, Well

Still no pictures. We are nothing without pictures!

Linda is helping us out so much here. We would be really struggling otherwise. She is taking Lydia to school in the mornings when I have early meetings, picking them up when we can't and basically giving Joel and I peace of mind. I'm only working part time and it feels crazy. Probably because I have to stay longer and do more because I am new and everything takes me twice as much time. I had my first IEP meeting today and EVERYONE had to attend because it was my first. For those of you that don't know special education, an IEP is an individualized education plan that every student in special ed. has, and it is created yearly. At this meeting we had the student, parent, principal, speech therapist, general education teacher and a District Representative. A little unnerving, but it went well. I'm enjoying working with the students.

Now, I'm just going to post my blog about our first days of school without pictures and add them in when I can. You have to scroll down a post to read, if you like, because it posts on the day I wrote it (and then saved it hoping they would fix the picture thing).

Ryan did make it through the second day of preschool dry. Fingers are crossed for tomorrow. It has been a while since he has had an accident at home. The "poo poo" is another issue. He is holding it for every 3rd day and unfortunately tomorrow is day 3...at preschool. Not a good mix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I enjoy reading your blog when I get a chance. Glad to hear about your new job and anything about the kids is always fun to hear! Great you have Linda helping right know, that must be wonderful!

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

I must thank you, Donna, and my Mom for making comments! I sure do appreciate it!